Rules & Regulations
RESPECTING THE DIGNITY AND PRIVACY OF OUR RESIDENTS
Glenwood is a privately-owned cemetery. Visitors are welcome every day of the year during the when the cemetery gates are open. Glenwood is an operating cemetery and visitors must respect the privacy and dignity of our lot owners, the families and friends of persons buried at Glenwood, and those attending burials. Because of the potential impact on burials and other cemetery operations, group visits must be arranged in advance.
The following activities are permitted
(However, visitors engaged in these activities may not, under any circumstances, interfere with funerals. The route of the funeral procession will be marked by traffic cones, and all visitors should avoid the route and stay out of sight of the area of the funeral. Please accord the family and mourners the same respect that you would wish for your own.)
- Small groups of casual bicyclists (ride in single file and observe 10 mph speed limit)
- Running and jogging (must be dressed appropriately and not in a large group)
- Well behaved dogs (must be on a leash and picked up after)
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult
The following activities are NOT permitted
- Sitting, standing or climbing on monuments and tombstones
- Making rubbings of grave markers, as it is damaging to the markers
- Roller blading or skateboarding
- Horseback riding
- Off road or excessively loud vehicles
- Glass containers
- Photography for private use is permitted so long as it does not interfere with the quiet enjoyment of the cemetery by other visitors.
- External light sources not integral to the camera may not be used.
- Photography of burials is permitted only with the express permission of the person authorizing the burial, and such permission should be made known to the Glenwood office in advance of the burial.
- Photography for commercial use is prohibited, except with the written permission of the Executive Director. Requests should be submitted to the Glenwood office (link to Contact Us).
- Please observe the posted 10-mph speed limit and drive only on paved roads.
- Visitors may park along the cemetery roads so long as there is room for another vehicle to pass.
- Vehicles larger than a 12-passenger van are not permitted inside the cemetery.
- Only licensed and insured drivers may drive in the cemetery, and drivers are liable for damage caused to any monument, improvement, tree or plant material as the result of their driving or parking.
- No public restroom facilities are available in the cemetery.
- Any addition or alteration to a lot is subject to the consent and approval of the Executive Director and may be removed and disposed of by Glenwood at the lot owner’s expense.
Any visitor who fails to comply with the rules set forth above will be required to leave the cemetery immediately.
These rules for visiting Glenwood are established under the authority of the Texas Health & Safety Code, Subtitle C, §711.009 and §711.031. They are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of Glenwood management.